The Citrus Health Network Psychology Postdoctoral Residency Program is accredited by the Commission on Accreditation of the American Psychological Association (APA) and is a member of the Association of Psychology Postdoctoral and Internship Centers (APPIC).
Treatment experiences in a broad array of programs:
• Children’s Crisis Stabilization Unit (CCSU)
• Adult Crisis Stabilization Unit (ACSU)
• Foster Care Programs
• Outpatient Psychotherapy
• Behavioral Medicine
• Statewide Inpatient Psychiatric Program (SIPP)
Training in the area of Clinical Psychology with the goal of preparing candidates for licensure and subsequent Board Certification.
• A rich program of didactic seminars, colloquia & supervision with a large faculty body
• Emphasis in the integration of science and practice with sensitivity to cultural diversity
and individual differences
• A multiethnic, largely Hispanic population
• Opportunity for program development, training and expansion
• Opportunity to gain experience in supervising others
• Opportunity to conduct research
• Residents who complete the program successfully earn a certificate in Clinical Psychology.
- To attain professional values and attitudes including awareness of individual and cultural diversity.
- To develop the ability to relate effectively and meaningfully with individuals, groups, and or communities.
- To understand research methodologies, basis of behavior and lifespan development and to contribute knowledge/research to the field.
- To apply evidenced based practices in assessment and interventions.
- To provide instruction, disseminate knowledge and evaluate acquisition of knowledge and skill in professional psychology.
- To develop and master knowledge and concepts in related disciplines as well as ability to interact with professionals in interdisciplinary systems.
Each of these training goals have several specific objectives, all with corresponding competencies, prescribed activities, assessment criteria, and outcome requirements.
•Cover Letter that specifies main areas of interest
•Completed Post Doctoral Residency Application (click PDF below)
•2 Letters of Recommendation (addressed to Training Director and sent directly from a Professional Source)
•Letter of Degree Confirmation By Residency Start Date from an APA Accredited Doctoral Program
Citrus Health Network is fully accredited by the Commission on Accreditation of the American Psychological Association for a Postdoctoral Residency Program, the only APA-accredited program in the nation to be based in a community mental health center. In addition, the training program is a member of the Association of Psychology Postdoctoral and Internship Centers (APPIC) and observes all rules for intern and postdoctoral resident selection as established by that organization.
For more information on the Citrus Health Network Psychology Postdoctoral Residency Program, please contact the Office of Education and Training at email@example.com.
For concerns or questions specific to the program's accreditation, please contact:
The Commission on Accreditation
750 First Street, NE, Washington, DC 20002-4242